It is safe to say that we all have experienced our fair share of “not so good” days at one point or another in life. Sometimes we let daily routines and commitments get the best of us and allow ourselves to keep going in circles putting out fires and neglecting our own needs.
I sure have been there myself. I remember giving my all to the outer world and leaving myself dry. Consequently, this led me to experience stress and a big daily dose of hindering, self-deprecating thoughts.
By now, we all know that the fastest way to get where we fear is by thinking poorly about our worth, ourselves and our abilities. That is why it is so essential to remain in good state of mind as we move towards the the goals we want in life.
A great way to start sparking some good, positive feelings is by reading uplifting material. That is why today I want to share with you 15 Self-Love quotes that are inspiring and thought provoking.
Feel free to read, copy, download the images and even share as you wish!
1. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection”
2. “Just focus on being the best possible version of yourself and quit worrying about your thighs – there’s nothing wrong with them”
3.” Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one”
4. “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens”
5. “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet”
6. “Learn to admire someone else’s beauty without questioning your own”
7. “Our self-respect tracks our choices. Every time we act in harmony with out authentic self and our heart, we earn our respect. It is that simple. Every choice matters.
8. “Self-care is never a selfish act – It is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others”
9. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.
10. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world”
11. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.”
12. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive”
13. “Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that”
14. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.
15. “Don’t change your body to get respect from society. Instead, let’s change society to respect our bodies”
Reading uplifting Self-Love quotes is a good step toward where we want to be, but don’t stop there. Really pay attention to the messages in these quotes and think whether they apply to your life and/or how you can incorporate the messages in your own lifestyle.
I had so much fun curating these quotes for you. I really hope you enjoyed them!
I saved the best for last. Quote #15 is one of my favorites! Which one made you think or gave you an aha moment?
Fun fact: the pretty girl in quote #15 is my sista!